Drawing in Nature III: Botanical Illustration with Watercolor
Preston Montague, Landscape Designer and Botanical Illustrator
- Saturday, September 19, 2015 – 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- Saturday, September 26, 2015 – 9:00 am–12:00 pm
Drawing in Nature III introduces participants to basic painting techniques using watercolors to produce rich, vibrant botanical illustrations! Designed for enthusiasts with little to no artistic training, this foundation course builds off of the color theory and colored pencil exercises learned in Drawing in Nature II. Participants are not required to take Drawing in Nature II, but will find they produce stronger work for having done so. Each class may be held indoors or outdoors depending on weather.
Each student will need the following supplies:
Water color sketchpad
Brush 1 (3/8")
Brush 2 (1/2")
Brush 3 (15/16")
Two small plastic cups for water
Other Botanical Illustration Courses
Drawing in Nature III is the last course in a three course offering. Those interested in botanical illustration should find these interesting as well:
- Drawing in Nature I: Botanical Illustration with Pencil and Pen
- Drawing in Nature II: Botanical Illustration with Colored Pencil
- $120.00 for members, $150.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 10 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made through Saturday, September 5, 2015. No refunds will be made after September 5. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Contact Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this course.