Drawing in Nature I: Botanical Illustration with Pencil and Pen
Preston Montague, Landscape Designer and Botanical Illustrator
- Saturday, July 11, 2015 – 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- Saturday, July 25, 2015 – 9:00 am–12:00 pm
Botanical illustration is a powerful tool for understanding and communicating nature 's design. Whether for scientific exploration, self-expression, or both, botanical illustration gives us an opportunity to document those moments in nature that inspire us.
Drawing in Nature I introduces participants to the basic observation and drawing techniques used by professional artists. Designed for enthusiasts with little to no artistic training, this foundation course focuses on pencil and pen to create accurate and beautiful botanical illustrations in black and white. Students are highly recommended (but not required) to participate in both classes of this course, which may be held indoors or outdoors depending on weather.
Each student will need the following supplies:
#01 Micron Pen
Other Botanical Illustration Courses
Drawing in Nature I is the first course in a three course offering. Those interested in botanical illustration should find these interesting as well:
- Drawing in Nature II: Botanical Illustration with Colored Pencil
- Drawing in Nature III: Botanical Illustration with Watercolor
- $120.00 for members, $150.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 10 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made through Saturday, June 27, 2015. No refunds will be made after June 27. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Contact Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005 or email@example.com for more information about this course.