Photographers are welcome at the JC Raulston Arboretum. The JC Raulston Arboretum is one of the best places to take pictures in Raleigh. Wedding photos, engagement photos, graduation photos, quinceanera photos, bird and plant photos. We are pleased that you appreciate the beauty found in this tranquil garden setting. If your session requires more than a camera or two, takes longer than 30 minutes, or includes more than six people, we ask you to rent a garden space. Contact our rental coordinator at email@example.com for more information.
We ask that all photographers kindly comply with the following guidelines:
- Please respect the gardens, plants, and other visitors at all times. Do not pick or remove anything. The JCRA is a research garden, not a park.
- Remain on the designated paths and stay out of the mulched plant beds. These areas protect small plants and the roots of others.
- Do not stage a photograph in the plantings or trees, block pathways with photography equipment, or move the benches or labels.
- Do not block or use an entire garden for a photography session. Our primary mission is to serve those looking to immerse themselves in horticulture—whether its a stroll to recharge the mind and soul or a walk to see which plants grow best in our area. We ask that your photography sessions do not interfere with our visitor experience.
- Do not set up on the gravel area in the Japanese Garden.
- Supervise all children for their safety and the welfare of our plants. Please be extra careful when photographing near any water features.
- Do not fly unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), also referred to as drones, over the Arboretum.
- Pets are not allowed. Service dogs are permitted.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.