Photographers are welcome at the JC Raulston Arboretum. We are pleased that you appreciate the beauty found in this tranquil garden setting. If your session requires more than a camera or two, takes longer than 30 minutes, or includes more than six people, we ask you to rent a garden space. Contact our rental coordinator at email@example.com for more information.
We ask that all photographers kindly comply with the following guidelines:
- Please respect the gardens, plants, and other visitors at all times. Do not pick or remove anything. The JCRA is a research garden, not a park.
- Remain on the designated paths and stay out of the mulched plant beds. These areas protect small plants and the roots of others.
- Do not stage a photograph in the plantings or trees, block pathways with photography equipment, or move the benches or labels.
- Do not block or use an entire garden for a photography session. Our primary mission is to serve those looking to immerse themselves in horticulture—whether its a stroll to recharge the mind and soul or a walk to see which plants grow best in our area. We ask that your photography sessions do not interfere with our visitor experience.
- Do not set up on the gravel area in the Japanese Garden.
- Supervise all children for their safety and the welfare of our plants. Please be extra careful when photographing near any water features.
- Pets are not allowed. Service dogs are permitted.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.