Drawing in Nature II: Botanical Illustration with Colored Pencil
Preston Montague, Landscape Designer and Botanical Illustrator
- Saturday, August 15, 2015 – 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- Saturday, August 29, 2015 – 9:00 am–12:00 pm
Drawing in Nature II introduces participants to basic tenets of color theory and techniques for applying color to spring their illustrations to life! Designed for enthusiasts with little to no artistic training, this foundation course focuses on colored pencil to create accurate and beautiful botanical illustrations. Students are highly recommended (but not required) to participate in both classes of this course, which may be held indoors or outdoors depending on weather.
Each student will need the following supplies:
Faber-Castell 24 Max Colored EcoPencils
Other Botanical Illustration Courses
Drawing in Nature II is the second course in a three course offering. Those interested in botanical illustration should find these interesting as well:
- Drawing in Nature I: Botanical Illustration with Pencil and Pen
- Drawing in Nature III: Botanical Illustration with Watercolor
- $120.00 for members, $150.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 10 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made through Saturday, August 1, 2015. No refunds will be made after August 1. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Contact Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005 or email@example.com for more information about this course.