- Please respect the gardens. This is a teaching and research facility. Do not pick or remove anything from the Arboretum and please stay on the paths.
- Pets are not allowed, except service animals.
- Please supervise your children at all times for their safety and for the welfare of our plants. Watch children especially closely near all water features.
- Please use the trash receptacles and blue recycling bins.
- Bicycling, skating, skateboarding, and roller-blading are not allowed.
- Smoking is prohibited in all buildings and within 25 feet of all buildings.
- Please do not throw cigarette butts on the Arboretum grounds.
- Photographers are welcome, but please do not move benches or labels, stage children in trees or plantings, or block pathways with equipment. See additional guidelines below.
- Certified nursery and landscape professionals are permitted to collect propagules from the Arboretum with prior permission from a staff member.
Photographers are welcome at the JC Raulston Arboretum. We are pleased that you appreciate the beauty found in this tranquil garden setting. In order for this service to remain free and available to everyone, we ask that all photographers kindly comply with the following guidelines:
- Please respect the gardens, plants, and other visitors at all times. The JCRA is a research garden, not a park. Do not pick or remove anything.
- Please remain on the designated paths, and not on the mulched plant beds. These areas protect small plants and the roots of others.
- Please do not stage a photograph in the plantings or trees, block pathways with photography equipment, or move the benches or labels. (A fee will be assessed should any damage occur.)
- Please do not block or use an entire garden for a photography session. (Rental fees apply when an entire garden is used.)
- Do not set up on the gravel area in the Japanese Garden. (A fee will be charged should this area be disturbed.)
- Supervise all children for their safety and the welfare of our plants. Please pay particular supervisory care when photographing near any water features.
- Pets are not allowed, except for service dogs.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.