Moonlight in the Garden
A Magical Lighting Exhibition with Our Friends from Southern Lights of Raleigh and the North Carolina Agricultural Foundation, Inc.
Thursday–Saturday, November 7–9, 2019
Thursday–Saturday, November 14–16, 2019
Moonlight in the Garden returns with more lights this November. Food trucks, live music, marshmallows and fire pits—they're all back. Don't miss the only opportunity to experience the JC Raulston Arboretum after dark. We'll open our gates each evening for you, your family and friends to explore this nighttime wonder custom designed and installed by John Garner and his team at Southern Lights of Raleigh.
Limited Tickets Available
Tickets will sell out in advance so get yours early!
Two Timed Entries Available Each Evening
5:30 pm–7:30 pm and 7:30 pm–9:30 pm
This isn't your typical lighting event. Moonlight in the Garden is meticulously designed to showcase our internationally acclaimed garden and all its splendor. You think our collection is spectacular by day? Wait until you see it under the cover of darkness artfully lit on a crisp November evening. It's an magical experience you don't want to miss.
Bring your family and friends to stroll through the garden, listen to a live band, grab a bite to eat from a food truck, roast a marshmallow or two at the fire pits, and sip a cup of hot apple cider. All the while showing your support for the JC Raulston Arboretum. Moonlight in the Garden helps us raise the funds necessary to keep our gates open and our admission free 365 days a year. Come join us.
Be inspired. Be delighted. Be in awe of the beauty of a nighttime garden.
Get a sneak peek on Tuesday, November 5, during our Preview Night and enjoy live music and delectable eats, wine, and beer from Carolina Brewing Company. Our Preview Night will be the only evening when you can stroll the garden with a glass of wine or beer in hand. Come and enjoy this magical night with live music on the Great Lawn and fire pits with marshmallows to roast. The evening's entertainment is The Antique Hearts. Bring your family and friends to enjoy a cup of hot apple cider during this unique fund-raising event. Advance tickets are required. For more details visit the Preview Night announcement.
Proceeds from the Moonlight in the Garden will benefit daily operations of the JC Raulston Arboretum. Moonlight in the Garden is cosponsored by and fund-raising efforts operate under the auspices of the North Carolina Agricultural Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)3 nonprofit (tax ID 56-6049304).
The participation and engagement of our community partners is essential for the JCRA to fulfill its horticultural and educational mission.
We invite you to become a sponsor.
- Advance tickets: $10.00 for members and college students (with ID), $20.00 for nonmembers, and $5.00 for children 12 and under. Gate tickets (if available): $20.00 for members and college students (with ID), $30.00 for nonmembers, and $5.00 for children 12 and under. All nights sold out in advance in 2018.
- Tickets go on sale to Arboretum members on Tuesday, September 3 and to the general public on Tuesday, September 17. Tickets will be available online and at the Arboretum's front desk in the Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, Monday through Friday from 9:00 am through 5:00 pm. We do not take orders by phone.
- Moonlight in the Garden is a rain or shine event. All ticket sales are final. No refunds or exchanges will be given for tickets not used on designated date and time.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available along Beryl Road, and overflow parking is available at 512 Brickhaven Road.
- Please call (919) 515-3132 for more information about this event.