Moonlight in the Garden
Courtesy of Our Friends at Southern Lights of Raleigh, Inc.
Member Preview Night
Friday, November 4, 2016 - 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday, November 5 and 6, 2016 – 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
Friday and Saturday, November 11 and 12, 2016 – 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
This event listing is provided on the site as an archive from 2016. For the 2017 Moonlight in the Garden announcement, please visit
Please note online ticket sales close the night before each showing, but tickets will be available at the gate each night!
Thousands of luminaries will guide your way through this artistic lighting display courtesy of our friends at Southern Lights of Raleigh, Inc.
Kelly Francis fireflies will greet you from the live oaks at our front gate, setting the creative flavor of the exhibit ahead. Warm cider, fire pits, food trucks, and live entertainment will delight your senses as you stroll the garden enjoying a crisp November evening and the magic of a nighttime garden.
On November 4th we're planning a magical autumn evening for our members—a catered affair with scrumptious heavy hors d'oeuvres, along with beer and wine. On general admission nights, dinner items will be available for purchase from the flavorful line up of food trucks.
Don't miss this chance to explore the JC Raulston Arboretum after dark! It 's the first time in over a decade that we've opened our gates for an evening stroll.
Entertainment and Food Truck Line Up
November 4 – Mebanesville and Catering Works
November 5 – The Dogwood Blossom Band and CockaDoodleMoo
November 6 – Vintage Vibes and Fully Loaded Fritters
November 11 – Andrew Chastain and Chirba Chirba along with Fully Loaded Fritters
November 12 – Cicada Rhythm and Chirba Chirba
We are honored by the generous contribution of time and products that make Moonlight in the Garden possible at JC Raulston Arboretum. On behalf of all those who will benefit from your gifts, we'd like to thank:
Special thanks to John Garner of Southern Lights of Raleigh for developing the design of this magical lighting event.
Special thanks to Lowe's of Cary (#426) for adopting Moonlight in the Garden as their annual event and for providing supplies and volunteers.
Cast Lighting, LLC
ClaroLux Landscape Lighting
Garden Light LED
Kelly Francis Illumination, San Antonio, Texas
Lowe's of Cary #426
Simchock Stone of Durham
2016–2017 Maple Sponsors
The Maple Sponsors below provide financial support for our 2016–2017 educational programs, research, and day-to-date operations. We are so grateful.
A. E. Finley Foundation, Inc.
Atlantic Avenue Orchid and Garden
Margie and Keith Collins
Hoffman Nursery, Inc.
Johnson Nursery Corp.
NC Farm Bureau and Southern Farm Bureau Life Insurance Co.
Pender Nursery, Inc.
Sampson-Bladen Oil Company, Inc.
Bobby G. Wilder
Ambiente Modern Furniture
Dean and Gail Bunce
Capitol City Lumber Co.
Fair Products, Inc.
Malissa and Russ Kilpatrick
Edd and Ruth McBride
NC Agricultural Foundation, Inc.
Richard (Dick) Pearson & Joan Robertson
Piedmont Carolina Nursery
Plant Delights Nursery
Anne M. Porter
Red and White Shop
Denny and Georgina Werner
Worthington Farms, Inc.
Learn more about sponsoring the Arboretum.
Moonlight in the Garden will depend on many volunteers to bring each magical evening come to light. Community and school groups are invited to get involved with tasks during the set up and during the event nights. Volunteers under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
For more information, contact Kathryn Wall, membership and volunteer coordinator, at (919) 513-7004 or email@example.com.
Proceeds from the Moonlight in the Garden will benefit daily operations of the JC Raulston Arboretum. Fund-raising efforts for the JC Raulston Arboretum and Moonlight in the Garden operate under the auspices of the North Carolina Agricultural Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)3 nonprofit (tax ID 56-6049304). You will receive an official receipt for the tax-deductible portion of your donation.
- Member preview night: $50.00 per ticket; Public nights: $10.00 for members, $15.00 for nonmembers, and $5.00 for children under 12.
- Tickets are available online, in advance at the JC Raulston Arboretum (reception desk in the Ruby C. McSwain Education Center), and at the pedestrian gate during event hours. Although online ticket sales close the night before each showing, tickets will be available at the gate. The last tickets will be sold at 8:30 pm each evening.
- All ticket sales are final. No refunds are available for this event, but tickets can be transferred to another night as long as a written request (via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org) is received three business days prior to the event. This event is rain or shine.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum, along Beryl Road and overflow parking at 512 Brickhaven Road, Raleigh NC 27606.
- Please call Emily Peters at (919) 515-3132 for more information about this event.