Landscape Potential IV: Improving Curb Appeal Through Foundation Planting
Class Open—Practicum Full
Preston Montague, Landscape Designer and Botanical Illustrator
- Saturday, October 17, 2015 – 9:00 am–11:00 am
Landscape Potential IV will introduce participants to the planning and implementation strategies design professionals use to create harmony between the house and the landscape through foundation planting. This class includes an introduction to foundation planting design, tips for successful planting, and explores the best annual, perennial, shrub, and tree species for quick results! Whether starting from scratch or shaping up an established home landscape, this class will ensure you're the Jones's to keep up with!
Participants wishing to take the practicum portion of this program need to register for it separately by calling Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005. To ensure availability, please contact Chris prior to registering online. Individual, one-hour sessions with Preston are available on Saturday, October 17 and Sunday, October 18 from 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
The following practicum times are already taken:
Saturday, October 17
12:00 PM - Rebecca
1:00 PM - Michael
2:00 PM - Jennifer
3:00 PM - Marilyn
4:00 PM - Eric
Sunday, October 18
12:00 PM - Rossy
1:00 PM - Robin
2:00 PM - Lisa
3:00 PM - Jim and Barbara
4:00 PM - Jim and Barbara
All supplies provided by Preston, but students taking the practicum are required to bring photographs, GIS map, plat, and/or survey of property, an inventory and analysis (which will be outlined in the seminar portion of the course), as well as a list of desired plants and/or photographs of foundation plantings that appeal to them.
Ample parking in the JCRA's parking lot and along Beryl Road should be available in the morning. Parking becomes more limited later in the day. We'll let those in the practicum know what to do for parking later on Saturday and Sunday.
Other Design Courses
Landscape Potential IV is the last course in a four course offering. Those interested in design programs should find these interesting as well:
- Landscape Potential I: Approaches to Design
- Landscape Potential II: Perennial Bed Design for Pollinators
- Landscape Potential III: Designing for Songbirds with Shrubs and Trees
- $30.00 for members, $40.00 for nonmembers for October 17 class; $90.00 for members, $120.00 for nonmembers for October 17 class and October 17 or 18 practicum.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 32 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made through Saturday, October 3, 2015. No refunds will be made after October 3. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Contact Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this course.