Looking for landscaping ideas for your garden? The Mixed Border is an area of the JCRA you need to be sure to visit.
A gently winding path weaves through a series of garden vignettes, each displaying the elements important to a successful garden: trees, shrubs, ground covers, perennials, bulbs, and landscape features. A wooden bridge carries visitors across a bog area surrounded by flowing ornamental grasses. A peaceful seating area under a large arbor invites you to stay and spend the afternoon.
A few of the fine plant specimens located in this garden include:
- garden hybrid clematis – Clematis 'Betty Corning'
- variegated yellow-osier dogwood – Cornus sericea 'Silver and Gold'
- Chinese trumpetcreeper – Campsis grandiflora 'Morning Calm'
- upright Atlantic white-cedar – Chamaecyparis thyoides 'Rubicon'
- copper-flowered common witchhazel – Hamamelis ×intermedia 'Jelena'