Gala in the Garden
Celebrating North Carolina
- Sunday, May 4, 2014 – 3:30 pm–7:00 pm
Set in the Arboretum's beautiful springtime gardens, the Gala in the Garden will feature North Carolina's finest food, botanicals, products, and people. Guests will mingle through the garden paths enjoying the rare collections of plants and a special "Ole North State" cocktail. The Gala's main event area features gourmet North Carolina cuisine and drinks, along with the highlight of the event—a silent auction where guests can bid on items from gardening gifts to one-of-a-kind plants.
Sponsors are vitally important for the success of the Gala in the Garden. This is the Arboretum's main fund-raising event of the year, and the proceeds directly support its daily operations of teaching, research, and public outreach, and garden displays. Please consider a tax-deductible contribution to become 2014 sponsor.
- North Carolina Nursery & Landscape Association, Inc.
- Bayer Advanced
- Hoffman Nursery
- Pender Nursery, Inc.
- A. E. Finley Foundation, Inc.
- Linda and Ted Bilderback
- Southern Farm Bureau Life Insurance Co. and North Carolina Farm Bureau
- Bobby G. Wilder
- The Brickman Group, Ltd.
- Tommy Bunn
- Cynthia Cromwell
- John Dole and John Buettner
- Han-Dee Hugo's (Irma and Haddon Clark)
- Johnson Nursery Corporation
- The North Carolina Agricultural Foundation, Inc.
- Georgina and Dennis Werner
- Worthington Farms, Inc.
- Jackie and Johnny Wynne
- Brienne and David Arthur
- Bell Family Foundation
- Rufus and Linda Edmisten
- Fair Products, Inc.
- Eileen Goldgeier
- Ham Produce Company
- Doug Harward
- Jere's Landscaping
- Charles H. Kidder
- Julia Kornegay and Alfredo Escobar
- Lanarc, Inc.
- Robert Lyons
- Ruby C. McSwain
- The Olsen Family
- Outfall Farms
- Plant Delights Nursery
- Anne M. Porter
- Sampson Nursery, Inc.
- Redwine's Plantscaping
- Rodney Swink and Juanita Shearer-Swink
- Russel and Anthea Tate
- Kathleen and Walt Thompson
- Laura Willer Landscape Designs, LLC
- Wyatt-Quarles Seed Company
- Mary Porter Brown
- Annette and Rick Guirlinger
- Connie and Don Hiller
- Wayne Love
- Sarah and Frank Marano
- James Schlitt
The Gala sponsor brochure describes all sponsorship levels and benefits.
A very special feature of the Gala in the Garden is the extraordinary silent auction. Featuring an eclectic array of unique plants and many other distinctive non-botanical items, the retail value of the auction exceeds $40,000! For the first time ever, plant lovers can peruse the auction plants before the Gala. Check back often for new additions.
If you wish to donate an item or gift certificate, please complete the Auction Solicitation Form and bring it by the JCRA, or contact Anne Porter at (919) 513-3826 or email@example.com for more information. Your auction item is considered a tax-deductible "in-kind" gift.
To see photographs of last year's Gala in the Garden, please visit our Web site's Photography section.
The Gala Planning Committee members are busy planning an exceptional Gala in the Garden. Our sincere thanks and appreciation to this dedicated and very talented group of volunteers.
Jill and John Hoffman
Brienne and David Arthur
The Gala in the Garden is hosted by the North Carolina Agricultural Foundation, Inc. (FIN 56-6049304).
- $100.00 ($40 is a tax-deductible gift).
- Event tickets will be available on site the day of the event.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available along Beryl Road. Overflow parking is available at the Brickhaven Building. Handicap parking is available in the JCRA's parking lot.
- Please call Anne Porter at (919) 513-3463 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the Gala.
When adding events to your Google Calendar, please add five hours to the event's time.