Ongoing Program Children's Program
"Photography in the Garden"
- Saturday, July 28, 2012 – 9:00 am–12:00 pm
Calling all youth photographers!
Join Susan Bailey on July 28 to learn more about your camera and technical topics like exposure, lighting, and composition. You will also learn how to take successful flower and landscape images. Susan will cover the basics in a classroom presentation and then take the group out to photograph the gardens and give hands-on advice.
Susan is an award-winning photographer and teaches classes and workshops. Her Web site, http://www.sunrisedesigns.smugmug.com, and her blog, http://www.susanbaileyphoto.com, has many useful tips.
This program is for youth ages 12 to 16 and is limited to 20 participants. Prior knowledge is helpful, but not mandatory.
Students will need to bring their own digital camera along with the manual. You are welcome to bring accessories like tripods. Plan to bring a drink and small snack.
After a morning of gaining confidence with their camera and practicing in the gardens, participants in this program are highly encouraged to enter their images in the youth category of the JC Raulston's Juried Print Competition sponsored by the JC Raulston Arboretum and the Triangle Carolinas Nature Photography Association in August. Visit the JCRA's Web site for more details. For those interested, information about how to enter will be available at the class.
- $30.00 per youth for members, $35.00 per youth for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. To register, please e-mail Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at email@example.com or (919) 513-7007.