Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Plant Treasures from the Chicago Botanic Garden Evaluation Program"
Mr Richard Hawke
- Thursday, October 24, 1996 – 8:00 pm–9:30 pm
The Chicago Botanic Garden has one of the finest true plant research evaluation programs in the U.S. where collections of specific groups of plants are made, evaluated for actual performance in comparison trials (similar to the RHS Wisley Gardens program in England), and published evaluations are distributed to growers and the public. Mr. Hawke will talk about this program and show and discuss the exciting "winners" emerging from this systematic evaluation. (We will have one of them to give away to each member of the audience!)
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Room 2722, Bostian Hall, NC State University.
- Bostian Hall is located between Kilgore Hall and the D. H. Hill Library on the NC State University campus.
- Free parking is available in the Brooks Avenue lot located on the northeast corner of Brooks Avenue and Hillsborough Street.
- Please call (919) 515-3132 for more information about this lecture.