News & Observer Birdhouse Competition at the JCRA
Sponsored by the News & Observer and the JC Raulston Arboretum
- Saturday, May 11, 2002 – 11:00 am–5:00 pm
- Sunday, May 12, 2002 – 12:00 pm–5:00 pm
Build a birdhouse
There's still time to enter The Great N&O Birdhouse Contest.
Your creations will be on display at the JC Raulston Arboretum May 11 and 12, 2002, and the winners will be featured in the News & Observer's Home section on May 18, 2002.
The N&O will give $50.00 to the first-place winner in the adult and children's (12 and under) categories.
Outdoor Bird Co. stores in Raleigh will give the first-place adult winner a ceramic birdbath worth $70.00, and the winner in the children's category gets a set of Fandex bird cards; the arboretum will give the grown-up winner a year's membership and a T-shirt; and every child who enters will get a bag of goodies from the N&O.
If you're an admirer, not a builder, of birdhouses or just want to take Mom out for a walk on Mother's Day, come to the JCRA to see the many and varied entries.
Most of this text was excerpted from the News & Observer on April 27, 2002 (Saturday). The text was written by Bill DuPre, N&O staff writers, and/or wire reporters.
- To enter, send an e-mail to the Home section editor, Bill DuPre, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (919) 829-4758. Then, get your birdhouse to the Arboretum by 9:30 AM on May 11, 2002.
- JC Raulston Arboretum, 4301 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Call the JCRA at (919) 515-3132 or Bill DuPre at the N&O for details.