A Walk in the Winter Garden
- Sunday, February 9, 2003 – 2:00 pm–5:00 pm
With all the winter delights at their peak, join us for these exciting guided tours at the JCRA. Magnificent Japanese flowering apricots, witchhazels, hellebores, conifers, hollies, winter honeysuckles, and many more plants will be showcased. Tours will start each half-hour between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM. The tours are free and open to the public and depart from the Zone 8 Greenhouse and Gift Shop every half hour. Each tour will last approximately an hour. Light refreshments will be served.
We are fortunate to live in a mild winter climate which allows us to "stretch" out the "ornamental" season. No excuses—winter is alive and well for gardeners, come get some ideas or just a little therapy!
Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
Be sure to come an hour early to join us for a specially scheduled Friends of the Arboretum Lecture. Pam Beck is presenting a talk titled "Winter Interest in the Garden."
Self-Guided "A Walk in the Winter Garden" Tour Brochures
Self-guided tour brochures will be made available at the Arboretum throughout February for those unable to attend the guided tours.
- Advance registration is not available.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.