"Introduction to Beekeeping"
Charles Heatherly, Master Beekeeper and Past President of the NC State Beekeepers Association
- Saturday, April 28, 2012 – 9:00 am–12:00 pm
Grow more vegetables, fruit, and flowers while increasing neighborhood honeybee populations (which are in an alarming decline). Join Charles Heatherly, master beekeeper, past president of the NC State Beekeepers Association, and keeper of the JC Raulston Arboretum honeybees for an informative three hour workshop:
Everything you need to know to become an urban, suburban, or country honeybee keeper:
- Honeybee biology
- Pest and predators
Class members will receive First Lessons in Beekeeping by Keith Delaplane for review prior to the workshop. Those that register after April 18 will not receive the catalog.
Small gardeners can have a big impact by keeping honeybees—register now to learn more.
- $40.00 for members, $50.00 for nonmembers.
- Contact Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005 or email@example.com to register for this workshop. This workshop is limited to 20 participants. Registration is considered complete when payment is received. Cancellations can be made through April 20, 2012 (Friday) and will incur a $5.00 cancellation fee. A minimum registration of five participants is required for commencement of this workshop.
- Workshop cancellations can be made through April 20, 2012 (Friday). No refunds will be made after April 20, 2012. A $5.00 cancellation fee applies.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this workshop.