Bonsai Lecture and Workshop
Sponsored by the Triangle Bonsai Society and the JC Raulston Arboretum
Harold Johnson, Triangle Bonsai Society
- Saturday, June 9, 2012 – 10:00 am–4:00 pm
Bonsai combines a three dimension art form and basic horticulture. Join Harold Johnson, Triangle Bonsai Society, in this two part educational program as he discusses and demonstrates the art and science of bonsai. In the morning session, he'll describe the basics of bonsai design through a lecture and visual presentation. In addition, the presentation will include discussion on selecting plant material suitable for bonsai and the basics of caring for a bonsai. During the afternoon workshop, participants will receive assistance as they design their own bonsai, prune their juniper to the design they chose, and then plant their outdoor bonsai in a ceramic bonsai pot. The juniper, bonsai container, wire, and soil are included in the workshop fee. If possible, participants should bring their own garden shears.
- Lecture: $5.00 for JCRA and TBS members, all others $10.00; Lecture and Workshop: $70.00 for JCRA and TBS members, all others $90.00.
- Contact Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register for this workshop or use the downloadable registration form (removed) to register by mail or fax. This workshop is limited to 12 participants. Registration is considered complete when payment is received. A minimum registration of six participants is required for commencement of this workshop.
- Lecture and Workshop cancellations can be made through June 1, 2012 (Friday). No refunds will be made after June 1, 2012. A $10.00 cancellation fee applies.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture and workshop.