North American Rock Garden Society (Piedmont Chapter) Lecture
Cohosted by the Piedmont Chapter of the North American Rock Garden Society and the JC Raulston Arboretum
"Woodland Garden Plants—Part 2"
Suzanne Edney, JCRA Volunteer and Garden Designer
- Saturday, February 18, 2012 – 10:00 am–11:30 am
– (reception begins at 9:30 AM)
A year long project of documenting 13 gardens in the Piedmont area of North Carolina. The photographic and essay part of the project took place during the year of 2010. This second lecture studies the gardens from purely a plant perspective. You will see how plant choices reinforce each individual owner's designing vision of their gardens under the cover of our native forests. The gardens range in size from 30' × 40' to two or more acres and are anywhere from 6–20 years old. The gardeners themselves range from enthusiastic plantaholics to horticultural professionals.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum and North American Rock Garden Society (Piedmont Chapter) members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advanced registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.