Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
Cosponsored by the Piedmont Chapter of the North American Rock Garden Society and the JCRA
"What's New? Great Plants for the Home Garden"
Bryce H. Lane, Lecturer and Undergraduate Coordinator, Department of Horticultural Science, NC State University, and Host of In The Garden with Bryce Lane
- Saturday, October 15, 2011 – 9:30 am–11:00 am
Home gardeners and plant enthusiasts are always looking for that great "new" plant. So much is being done by plant explorers, breeders, and collectors to introduce new plants into the market. The adage "what is old becomes new, what is new becomes old" also pertains to gardening. Bryce will talk about many of the newly introduced plants, but, he'll also talk about some good 'ole plants that are re-entering the gardening focus. And remember, good gardening is not just about the plants, but also about arranging and preparing an appropriate place for them!
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum and North American Rock Garden Society (Piedmont Chapter) members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road. Despite the State Fair, parking should not be a problem in the morning.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.