Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Summer Flowering Bulbs: Fabulous Flowers and Foliage"
Frankie Fanelli, Graduate Student, NC State University
- Thursday, March 18, 2004 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
Summer flowering bulbs should be growing in every North Carolina piedmont garden! Frankie will discuss bulbs that have proven to add spark to the garden with flowers, foliage or both. The science of bulbs that every gardener should know will also be included. Both gardeners and travelers alike will enjoy the background photographs taken during her travels.
Frankie Fanelli is curator of the JC Raulston Arboretum Paradise Garden and a Master's student in the Department of Horticultural Science at NC State University. Her affinity for flowering bulbs began as a student and assistant to Gus DeHertogh, Ph.D., a leading flowering bulb physiologist. Frankie participated in an educational tour that focused on all aspects of the Holland bulb industry. She has conducted research on Lillium longiflorum 'Nellie White' that is published. Her work experience has included many geophytes including Allium, Dahlia, Eremurus, Tulipa, Hippeastrum, Hyacinthus, Lillium, Narcissus, Lycoris, and Ornithogalum.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00. Bring your membership card to check in quickly, but as always, we will have a membership list at registration.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center at the JC Raulston Arboretum.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 515-3132 for more information about this event.