Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Gardens and Wilds of Oregon (and an Itty Bitty Piece of California)"
Tim Alderton, Research Technician
- Thursday, January 20, 2011 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
Take a trip through Oregon (and an itty bitty piece of California) as Tim recounts his travels with the International Magnolia Society in 2009. He will give you glimpses of spectacular gardens and natural areas throughout the western half of the state, and a few flashes to the past as he inadvertently revisited some of the places J. C. visited years before. From beaches of the Pacific coast to the tops of snow covered mountains and from the lush coast redwood forest to the stark arid sage brush country of central Oregon, come join us for an evening ride.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.