Flat Lay Flower Photography
Mary Louise Ravese, Bella Vista Photography
- Friday, August 11, 2023 – 9:30 am–12:30 pm
"Flat lay" is a style of photography where objects are arranged on a flat surface and photographed from above looking straight down to provide a bird's eye view of the set up. It 's a style that's become very popular in social media posts. In this session you'll learn the tools and techniques for setting up a flat lay scene, as well as the camera settings and practical considerations for capturing the scene. Then we'll practice arranging and photographing floral flay lay set ups.
This class is suitable for DSLR and mirror-less cameras as well as smartphone cameras. A lens with a focal length between 30 mm and 50 mm is ideal. A tripod is recommended. Students should also bring a 20x30 inch white foam board which can be used for a backdrop surface or as a light reflector.
About Mary Louise Ravese
Mary Louise Ravese specializes in fine art nature and travel photography from locations across the world. Her photographs are in private, university, and corporate collections in over 40 states and are exhibited nationally. She is the owner and principle photographer for Bella Vista Photography, and has a resident artist studio at 311 Gallery in Raleigh, North Carolina. Mary Louise is a regular speaker and competition judge for photography clubs in multiple states. She is an experienced photography instructor who has trained hundreds of amateur photographers. She enjoys teaching on a wide range of topics related to nature, travel, and creative photography, and can help with both the technical and aesthetic aspects of picture making. Mary Louise leads classes and workshops at a variety of locations across the United States and abroad. For more information visit her Web site at https://shop.bellavistaphotography.com.
- $55.00 members, $70.00 nonmembers (includes a $10 supply fee).
- Advance registration is required. Register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 8 participants and is considered complete when payment is received. Registration will close at the end of day on Thursday, August 10, 2023.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please write email@example.com for more information about this program.