Gardening with Beneficial Insects
Greg Paige, Director of Horticutlure
- Saturday, May 13, 2023 – 10:00 am–12:00 pm
There's a bug in my garden! Well, I hope so. Let's discuss the wonderful fauna crawling, scurrying and jumping over, under and through all of our gardens and get an understanding that bugs in the garden can be a good thing.
We will cover basic Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and where beneficial insects fit into management of a healthy and happy landscape. Following the lecture we will go outside into the Garden to find this often overlooked and usually misunderstood relationship in action. To wrap up the talk and walk, we will release some beneficial insects and put them to 'work' to help control destructive pests in the garden.
About Greg Paige
Greg discovered his career goal early—creating and working in beautiful public gardens and sharing and teaching this passion with others. Prior to joining the JC Raulston Arboretum as our Director of Horticulture, Greg was the Director of Horticulture and Arboretum Curator for Bartlett Tree Research Laboratory in Charlotte, NC. His 25-year career in public horticulture has involved work at some of the finest gardens in the country—Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden in Belmont, North Carolina; the Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College; the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina; the Holden Arboretum outside Cleveland, Ohio; and the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden.
- $30.00 for members, $45.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center at the JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606 and online.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please write email@example.com for more information about this class.