Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
Part of A Walk in the Winter Garden
"A Walk in the Winter Wonderland with Wildlife in Tow"
Helen Yoest, Gardening with Confidence
- Sunday, February 13, 2011 – 1:00 pm–2:30 pm
Winter really is a wonderland, even in the absence of snow. We are so fortunate in that we can garden year-round, with our weather and plant choice adding warmth to the winter landscapes. Adding fragrance, flowers, color, texture, and form will make your garden enjoyable every season of the year. The tiniest little flower in the winter would be lost in the summer sizzle, but in the winter, it brings hope and dreams and immediate enjoyment in an otherwise bleak season. You will also learn about what plants can provide food and cover for the wildlife keeping your visiting friends safe and fed. After hearing Helen describe her winter garden, you will see winter in a whole new light.
A Walk in the Winter Garden Tours
In addition to the regularly scheduled A Walk in the Winter Garden tours, tour guides will be ready to lead tours when the FOA Lecture concludes.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.