"Close-Up Flower Photography in Your DIY Home Studio"
Mary Louise Ravese, Bella Vista Photography
- Friday, February 24, 2023 – 10:00 am–12:00 pm
In winter when your garden is dormant, it is a great time to set up a small space in your home to practice photographing with cut flowers from the florist.
In this session you'll see how you can use readily available items to create a simple DIY setup for table top flower photography. While a macro lens is often an ideal choice for close-up photography, you'll learn how there are other less expensive photo accessory options to enable you to photograph close-up.
Items to Bring
Participants can bring either a smartphone or digital camera.
In order to achieve close-up photography with a DSLR or mirrorless camera, participants should have either a macro lens OR a regular lens with either extension tubes or a close-up filter / diopter. Also, a tripod is highly recommended. This equipment can be rented. Contact the instructor for equipment recommendations or rental information.
About Mary Louise Ravese
Mary Louise Ravese specializes in fine art nature and travel photography from locations across the world. Her photographs are in private, university, and corporate collections in over 40 states and are exhibited nationally. She is the owner and principle photographer for Bella Vista Photography, and has a resident artist studio at 311 Gallery in Raleigh, North Carolina. Mary Louise is a regular speaker and competition judge for photography clubs in multiple states. She is an experienced photography instructor who has trained hundreds of amateur photographers. She enjoys teaching on a wide range of topics related to nature, travel, and creative photography, and can help with both the technical and aesthetic aspects of picture making. Mary Louise leads classes and workshops at a variety of locations across the United States and abroad. For more information visit her Web site at https://shop.bellavistaphotography.com.
- $30.00 members, $40.00 nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 12 participants and is considered complete when payment is received. Registration will close at the end of day on Thursday, February 23, 2023.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please write email@example.com for more information about this program.