"Kaleidoscopic Digital Art"
Mary Louise Ravese, Bella Vista Photography
- Friday, January 20, 2023 – 10:00 am–12:00 pm
Winter is a great time to revisit photographs you've already taken and reimagine them in new and artistic ways. This process can kick start your creative juices for the new year.
In this session you'll learn how to create kaleidoscopic digital art from your photographs using a free online photo editor. A variety of photographs can work well for this process, for example flower closeups, small scenes, larger landscape shots, etc. Once you've made a creation you like - with Valentine's Day in mind - we'll explore how you can print your digital art piece on a variety of giftable items using Zazzle.com.
Items to Bring
Please bring a laptop computer and a collection of a few of your digital photograph files (images could have been created with any type of camera). Ideally you should work from images you have already edited/processed for exposure, etc. You will be connecting to the internet to use the necessary photo editor to create this special effect.
About Mary Louise Ravese
Mary Louise Ravese specializes in fine art nature and travel photography from locations across the world. Her photographs are in private, university, and corporate collections in over 40 states and are exhibited nationally. She is the owner and principle photographer for Bella Vista Photography, and has a resident artist studio at 311 Gallery in Raleigh, North Carolina. Mary Louise is a regular speaker and competition judge for photography clubs in multiple states. She is an experienced photography instructor who has trained hundreds of amateur photographers. She enjoys teaching on a wide range of topics related to nature, travel, and creative photography, and can help with both the technical and aesthetic aspects of picture making. Mary Louise leads classes and workshops at a variety of locations across the United States and abroad. For more information visit her Web site at https://shop.bellavistaphotography.com.
- $30.00 members, $40.00 nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 12 participants and is considered complete when payment is received. Registration will close at the end of day on Thursday, January 19, 2023.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please write firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this program.