Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Planting for Posterity: Forty Years of Gardening in the Carolina Piedmont"
Tom Krenitsky, Author and Gardener
- Thursday, October 28, 2010 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
Forty years of gardening in the Piedmont have taught Tom Krenitsky which plants perform best in our region. Through his presentation and book, discover some of the best, long-lived, garden-worthy trees and shrubs that will survive all the extremes that North Carolina's Piedmont climate and soils have to offer.
Book Launch and Signing
Join us for the launch of Planting for Posterity:Forty Years of Gardening in the Carolina Piedmont. Books will be available for purchase and signing. Tom is kindly donating all the books for the sales to the JCRA so the entire proceeds will benefit the JC Raulston Arboretum.
Due to a football game on the night of the FOA Lecture, parking along Beryl Road may be limited. Additional parking is available in the Brickhaven Building's parking lot (corner of Beryl Road and Brickhaven Drive. Streets near the stadium (Wade Avenue Extension, Trinity Road, Blue Ridge Road, Hillsborough Street (west of the JCRA), etc. may experience slowdowns.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.