North American Rock Garden Society (Piedmont Chapter) Lecture
"Piedmont Chapter Member Short Talks"
David White, Tim Alderton, Amelia Lane, & Scott Zona, NARGS (Piedmont Chapter)
Cohosted by the Piedmont Chapter of the North American Rock Garden Society and the JC Raulston Arboretum
- Saturday, January 21, 2023 – 10:00 am–11:30 am
Four members of the Piedmont Chapter of NARGS will give brief talks at the January 21, 2023, meeting. David White will talk about the NARGS-sponsored spring wildflower trip to the Adirondack Mountains of New York, prior to the annual meeting in Ithaca. Tim Alderton will describe the field trip and some of the native plants our members saw at one of the old Voice of America sites near Washington, N.C. Amelia Lane will describe the NARGS-sponsored spring wildflower trip to the Bernese Oberland region of the Swiss Alps. And Scott Zona will describe his new book, "A Gardener's Guide to Botany: the Biology Behind the Plants You Love, How They Grow, and What They Need". Copies of Scott's book will be available for sale and signing.
Joining the Online Presentation
This program is being offered in person as well as online. If you want to join us online, visit the URL below to register:
In case there are any last-minute changes, please check your e-mail for any updates. Last-minute changes will be sent to JCRA Cuttings subscribers and to NARGS members directly.
- Free for North American Rock Garden Society (Piedmont Chapter) members, Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students, and online participants; otherwise $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available for in-person participants. Check-in available at the door. Registration for online participants available at https://jcra.ncsu.edu/nargs-lecture/.
- Online and in person at the JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please write firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this lecture.