Girl Scout Program
Brownies: Buggin' Out!
- Saturday, October 1, 2022 – 10:00 am–12:00 pm
Explore the JC Raulston Arboretum to find its full-time house guests, the insects! Brownies will observe their fascinating world while learning all about what makes an insect an insect, participate in crafts and games, and take home a container full of plants for your insect friends.
Fulfills the requirements for Bugs Badge. We have JCRA patches for all scouts who attend the program, but troops or individual scouts will need to purchase the Girl Scout Badge from the Girl Scout Council Store.
Troops and individual scouts may register for this program. Troop leaders or parents are expected to stay with the scouts to supervise during the entire program.
- Brownie Girl Scouts (2nd and 3rd graders).
- $15 per girl scout, no charge for troop leaders or other accompanying adults.
Advance registration is required and available through our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 30 participants and is considered complete when payment is received.
Registration is open to individual scouts and troops. If you register as an individual scout, you will be grouped with other individual scouts or with a troop to rotate through activity stations.
- Program cancellations can be made up to one week before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Check in at the Bobby G. Wilder Visitor Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at email@example.com or (919) 513-7011.