Recreational Tree Climbing at the JCRA
Open to Youths and Adults
Patrick Brandt, Piedmont Tree Climbing
Sunday, May 22, 2022 – 10:00 am, 11:00 am, 12:30 pm, and 1:30 pmJoin the Waitlist Join the Waitlist
Recreational tree climbing is coming to the JC Raulston Arboretum in Raleigh! Climb with your friends and family into the canopy of one of our majestic oak trees and experience the JCRA like you never have before.
Patrick Brandt, founder of Piedmont Tree Climbing, will provide all the needed gear and instruction. Before you know it you'll be 40' to 50' high in the canopy experiencing a view that few humans ever enjoy.
Tree climbing is a safe and fun activity for both kids and adults. No experience is necessary. Climbers must be six years old or older. Climbing slots (50 minute sessions) are limited to six climbers per hour—grab a few friends and sign up together for a great group experience!
As of May 18, the 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm have openings.
About Patrick Brandt
Patrick Brandt is the founder and lead instructor of Piedmont Tree Climbing. Since 2012, he has introduced hundreds of people of all ages to the joys of recreational tree climbing. He says, "I love nature, I love teaching, and I love seeing people overcome their fears and ascend into the magical world of the forest canopy." Patrick has led tree climbing events for the NC Museum of Natural Sciences, the NC Botanical Gardens, Georgia Parks and Recreation Department, and he regularly leads public tree climbs in Orange County, North Carolina parks. In 2014, he helped David Reese, of National Geographic's show "Going Deep with David Reese," climb a huge tree in the front yard of his boyhood home.
Patrick's formal tree climbing instruction began with Peter Jenkins of Tree Climbers International in 2011 and includes group climb facilitator training in 2015 with Bill Maher of Tree Trek Exploration. For more details about Patrick and Piedmont Tree Climbing check out https://www.piedmonttreeclimbing.org/.
- Six years old and older.
- $20.00 for members, $25.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Registration is available by calling Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please write email@example.com for more information about this program.