A Garden of Words—Journaling Your Garden and Creative Garden Writing
Helen Yoest, Garden Writer
A writing course to gain inspiration for writing about your garden, botanical gardens, and arboreta. Let Helen ignite your inner creative juices to give your garden a description it deserves. Don 't think you 're creative? Think again; Helen can help you find it. This course also includes homework to write 300 words about one of the Arboretum 's beds. The following week or sometime thereafter, Helen will review your work and give pointers on how to enhance it, if necessary!
About Helen Yoest
Helen is an award-winning garden writer, where her work has appeared in most of the top shelter and garden magazines including, Southern Living magazine, Better Homes and Gardens, the former County Gardens and Perennial magazines, Our State magazine, the former Carolina Gardener, and others.
Helen has also written three books on plants, including her best selling, and New York Times featured book, Plants with Benefits, and has contributed to three other best-selling books! Oh, and let us not forget our very own, Triangle Gardener, where Helen has contributed since the day it began in 2009.
- $60.00 for members, $75.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store (in-person program and online program). Registration is limited and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please write email@example.com for more information about this event.