"Using ProCamera—DSLR-like Camera Control with Your iPhone Camera"
Mary Louise Ravese, Bella Vista Photography
- Thursday, April 28, 2022 – 10:00 am–12:30 pm
Apple's camera app offers only a limited amount of control over the iPhone camera, but more control is possible with the paid app ProCamera. Using ProCamera, users can access DSLR-like camera control, like setting shutter speed, ISO, and white balance settings. They can also adjust exposure compensation and view a live image histogram. ProCamera also allows phone images to be saved in higher quality file formats like RAW, making it possible to create print-worthy pictures with the iPhone.
In this session, Mary Louise will discuss how fundamental photography principles can apply to the iPhone camera using the ProCamera app. She will demonstrate the basics of how to use the ProCamera app. Afterwards, participants will apply these new skills photographing spring flowers in the Arboretum 's Garden.
What to Bring
This class is open to iPhone camera users only (preferably iPhone 8 or later). Participants will need the ProCamera app by Cocologics installed on their iPhone (available in the App Store for $14.99). Optional extra features like low light photography and HDR photography are available with in-app purchases, but not required for this class. Participants should also bring their photography journal and a pencil or pen to take notes with.
About Mary Louise Ravese
Mary Louise Ravese specializes in fine art nature and travel photography from locations across the world. Her photographs are in private, university, and corporate collections in over 40 states and are exhibited nationally. She is the owner and principle photographer for Bella Vista Photography, and has a resident artist studio at 311 Gallery in Raleigh, North Carolina. Mary Louise is a regular speaker and competition judge for photography clubs in multiple states. She is an experienced photography instructor who has trained hundreds of amateur photographers. She enjoys teaching on a wide range of topics related to nature, travel, and creative photography, and can help with both the technical and aesthetic aspects of picture making. Mary Louise leads classes and workshops at a variety of locations across the United States and abroad. For more information visit her Web site at https://shop.bellavistaphotography.com.
- $50.00 for members, $70.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please write firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this program.