Tips and Tricks for Growing Tomatoes in the Southeast
Brie Arthur, Author, Horticulturist, and Lifelong Home Gardener
- Tuesday, April 19, 2022 – 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
Heirloom tomatoes are the ultimate taste of summer, but growing them can be challenging! Join local tomato obsessed horticulturist Brie Arthur for a fun and entertaining discussion on the dos and don'ts of growing tomatoes in the Southeast. She will cover all the essential information you need to know including variety selection, best growing practices, and in-depth details on fertilizer, watering, and staking strategies. Most importantly, Brie will encourage attendees to rethink the tomato season by explaining her new approach to waiting until June ... hint, it helps avoid early blight! This session is sure to help you grow tomatoes like a pro this year!
About Brie Arthur
Best-selling author and horticulturist, Brie Arthur has garnered acclaim for her enthusiastic presentations and practical, out of the box gardening advice. Originally from southeastern Michigan, Brie studied landscape design and horticulture at Purdue University. With more than a decade of experience as a grower and propagator, she now shares her expertise as an advocate for consumer horticulture and home gardening across America.
Brie is an ambassador for Soil3 organic compost and appears as a correspondent on the PBS Television show Growing a Greener World. She is president of the International Plant Propagators Society Southern Region and is on the board for the North Carolina Botanic Garden Foundation. Brie was honored as the first recipient of the American Horticultural Society's Emerging Horticultural Professional Award for her efforts in connecting a new generation to the art of growing.
You can follow Brie's gardening journey through her Web site, briegrows.com, or her social media and YouTube channel, Brie the Plant Lady.
- $25.00 for members, $30.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Online. Instruction to join us virtually will be provided to participants the week of the event.
- Please write email@example.com for more information about this program.