Canceled Due to Winter Storm
"Photographing Nature's Design Close-up in the Greenhouse"
Mary Louise Ravese, Bella Vista Photography
- Friday, January 21, 2022 – 1:00 pm–3:30 pm
When it's chilly outdoors, it's a great opportunity to turn to the greenhouse for photo opportunities. Join instructor Mary Louise Ravese at NC State University's greenhouse conservatory where you'll be able to photograph a variety of plants including orchids, tropicals, succulents, cactus, and more. Mary Louise will discuss how to showcase the shapes, colors, and textures of the conservatory plants' foliage and flowers with your compositional design. In this month's session, she will also explain the settings and techniques she uses to get close-up shots using an iPhone camera.
What to Bring
Bring your iPhone (preferably iPhone 8 or later), note paper, and a pencil or pen. Please dress in layers as the greenhouses may be around 70°F. Coats and other gear can be left in a secured classroom while photographing.
About Mary Louise Ravese
Mary Louise Ravese specializes in fine art nature and travel photography from locations across the world. Her photographs are in private, university, and corporate collections in over 40 states and are exhibited nationally. She is the owner and principle photographer for Bella Vista Photography, and has a resident artist studio at 311 Gallery in Raleigh, North Carolina. Mary Louise is a regular speaker and competition judge for photography clubs in multiple states. She is an experienced photography instructor who has trained hundreds of amateur photographers. She enjoys teaching on a wide range of topics related to nature, travel, and creative photography, and can help with both the technical and aesthetic aspects of picture making. Mary Louise leads classes and workshops at a variety of locations across the United States and abroad. For more information visit her Web site at http://www.bellavistaphotography.com.
- $25.00 for members, $35.00 for nonmembers.
- Registration is now closed since the program has been canceled due to a pending winter storm.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Conservatory, NC State University, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Driving directions will be provided to participants.
- Parking is available in the Dan Allen Deck Pay Lot. Information about visitor parking at NC State is available at https://transportation.ncsu.edu/visitor-parking/.
- Please write email@example.com for more information about this course.