North American Rock Garden Society (Piedmont Chapter) Lecture
"The Spectacular Gardens of the Czech Republic"
Elisabeth Zander, Webmaster and Former President, North American Rock Garden Society
Cohosted by the Piedmont Chapter of the North American Rock Garden Society and the JC Raulston Arboretum
- Saturday, March 19, 2022 – 10:00 am–11:30 am
Elisabeth Zander has traveled to the Czech Republic several times to meet fellow gardeners and to see their unique Czech-style type of gardening using native stones and boulders to create gardens that mimic nature. The Czechs excel at rock gardening in crevices—rocks that mimic natural geological forces that have lifted and tilted rock strata creating fissures and crevices that plants have adapted to. Elisabeth will show us some of the people she has met and the types of plants they grow in these gardens.
While we are hosting this program in person and online, Elisabeth Zander will be joining us online.
Joining the Online Presentation
This program is being offered in person as well as online. If you want to join us online, visit the URL below to register:
- Free for North American Rock Garden Society (Piedmont Chapter) members, Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students, and online participants; otherwise $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available for in-person participants. Check-in available at the door. Registration for online participants available at https://jcra.ncsu.edu/nargs-lecture/.
- JC Raulston Arboretum, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606 and online.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please write email@example.com for more information about this program.