North American Rock Garden Society (Piedmont Chapter) Lecture
Cohosted by the Piedmont Chapter of the North American Rock Garden Society and the JC Raulston Arboretum
"Plant Exploration with a Purpose"
Scott McMahan, Manager of International Plant Exploration, Atlanta Botanical Garden
- Saturday, February 12, 2022 – 10:00 am–11:30 am
The Atlanta Botanical Garden's International Plant Exploration program focuses on the biogeographic connection between Southeast Asia and the southeastern United States. Objectives for the current phase of their program 's development include the construction of a plant evaluation nursery, plant collecting trips to Southeast Asia, and the launch of a visiting scholar program. Learn more about the importance of plant exploration and collecting and what they're doing at the Atlanta Botanical Garden from Scott McMahan, the program's manager.
Joining the Online Presentation
This program is being offered in person as well as online. If you want to join us online, visit the URL below to register:
In case there are any last-minute changes, please check your e-mail for any updates. last-minute changes will be sent to Cuttings from the JCRA subscribers and to NARGS members directly.
This program is scheduled as an in-person and online program under the assumption we can meet together in groups at this time. If NC State or the state have any COVID-19 safety guidelines in place the day of the program, everyone in attendance in person will be required to follow them. If meeting in person in large numbers indoors isn't permitted the day of the program, we will have to offer this program online only.
- Free for North American Rock Garden Society (Piedmont Chapter) members, Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students, and online participants; otherwise $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available for in-person participants. Check-in available at the door. Registration for online participants available at https://jcra.ncsu.edu/nargs-lecture/.
- JC Raulston Arboretum, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606 and online.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please write email@example.com for more information about this program.