Lunch and Lit in the Garden
Tuesdays, September 14 through November 16, 2021 – 12:00 pm–1:30 pmRegister Register
Who doesn't love a great story? Bring your lunch and listen to a classic read-aloud while relaxing under the shade of our trees! Then, each week explore a different part of the garden and complete a nature activity inspired by the day's reading. Includes a little literature, a bit of nature study, some artistic endeavors, science, geography, and more!
Fall Book Selection
My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George
A classic tale of adventure featuring a boy who learns courage, independence, and the need for companionship while attempting to live in the Catskill Mountains of New York State.
- Suggested for middle school students grades 6 through 8.
- $100.00 per student for the 10 week series.
- Advance registration is required and available through our online eStore.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Joy Burns, school program coordinator, at email@example.com for more information about this program.