The Home Gardener's Guide to Hydroponics
Brie Arthur, Author, Horticulturist, and Lifelong Home Gardener
- Saturday, April 3, 2021 – 10:00 am–12:00 pm
Have you ever wondered about growing hydroponically? The term hydroponic comes from Latin word meaning "working water" and this method of growing offers many opportunities for home gardeners to maximize their yields. Join local horticulturist and home hydroponic grower Brie Arthur for an informative discussion covering the basics of growing in water.
Focusing on outdoor implementation, Brie will cover different systems including aeroponic, aquaponic, and hydroponic setups. Learn how to integrate these concepts into your landscape, patio, and even front porch! Discover everything you need to know to be a cutting-edge grower no matter how much space or experience you have!
About Brie Arthur
Best-selling author and horticulturist, Brie Arthur has garnered acclaim for her enthusiastic presentations and practical, out of the box gardening advice. Originally from southeastern Michigan, Brie studied landscape design and horticulture at Purdue University. With more than a decade of experience as a grower and propagator, she now shares her expertise as an advocate for consumer horticulture and home gardening across America.
Brie is an ambassador for Soil3 organic compost and appears as a correspondent on the PBS Television show Growing a Greener World. She is president of the International Plant Propagators Society Southern Region and is on the board for the North Carolina Botanic Garden Foundation. Brie was honored as the first recipient of the American Horticultural Society's Emerging Horticultural Professional Award for her efforts in connecting a new generation to the art of growing.
You can follow Brie's gardening journey through her Web site, briegrows.com, or her social media and YouTube channel, Brie the Plant Lady.
- $20.00 for members, $25.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Online. Instruction to join us virtually will be provided to participants the week of the event.
- Please write email@example.com for more information about this class.