Planning and Planting a Fall Vegetable Garden in the Southeast
Brie Arthur, Author, Horticulturist, and Lifelong Home Gardener
Tuesdays, September 8, 2020, through September 29, 2020 – 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
Take your veggie growing skills to a new level this fall! Learn how to plan and plant a fall vegetable garden that will keep you harvesting all season long. Local gardening expert Brie Arthur is excited to teach you how to grow your own! This autumn inspired four-session webinar will cover everything you need to know for a successful fall harvest. From site prep and seed starting to container combinations and harvesting tips, this detailed gardening course will have you growing like a pro!
This class isn't only for those with vegetable gardens. It's designed for all gardeners—even those that garden in containers or flower beds.
Class 1: Tuesday, September 8
Planning a Fall Garden
- Make a list of favorite veggies—grow what you love to eat!
- Identify growing areas at your house
- What do you need to get started?
- What veggies should you grow and when?
- How do you grow the plants?
Class 2: Tuesday, September 15
Cool Season Container Gardens
- What kind of pots are best?
- What kind of soil and fertilizer?
- How often do you water?
- What should I plant?
- Can I harvest from these? Yes!
Class 3: Tuesday, September 22
Autumn Inspired Foodscapes
- Best veggies for fall planting
- Great perennial pairings
- Planting to deter animals
Class 4: Tuesday, September 29
Harvesting Fall Veggies
- When to harvest what
- Easy ideas for preserving
- Seed saving
- Crop rotations and succession planting
About Brie Arthur
Best-selling author, horticulturist, and lifelong home gardener, Brie Arthur is on a mission to teach people how to grow food year-round! Originally from southeastern Michigan, Brie studied landscape design and horticulture at Purdue University. With more than a decade of experience as a grower and propagator, she shares practical gardening advice with audiences across the world from her home foodscape in Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina.
Brie aims to inspire a real-life foodscape revolution and is now offering digital gardening classes and virtual foodscape tours through BrieGrows.com Signed and personalized copies of both of her books can be purchased there and signed and sign up for her newsletter to stay informed. https://www.briegrows.com/.
- $150.00 for members, $200.00 for nonmembers. Note to nonmembers: instead of paying $50.00 more for the program, become a member for $50.00 instead.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 65 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Online via Zoom in the comfort of your home.
- Contact Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this course.