Southeastern Plant Symposium
Hosted by the JC Raulston Arboretum and Juniper Level Botanic Garden
- Friday, June 11, 2021 – 9:00 am–4:30 pm
- Friday, June 11, 2021 – 6:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Saturday, June 12, 2021 – 9:00 am–4:45 pm
Friday, June 11
Peter Zale, Ph.D., Associate Director of Conservation, Plant Breeding, and Collections, Longwood Gardens
Saturday, June 12
Tony Avent, Co-owner, Juniper Level Botanic Garden and Plant Delights Nursery
Ian Caton, Co-owner, Wood Thrush Natives
Janet Draper, Lead Horticulturist, Mary Livingston Ripley Garden, Smithsonian Institution
Richard Hawke, Plant Evaluation Manager, Chicago Botanic Garden
Hayes Jackson, Urban Regional Extension Agent, Alabama A&M University
Adrienne Roethling, Director of Curation and Mission Delivery, Paul J. Ciener Botanic Garden
The host hotel for the Southeastern Plant Symposium is the Sheraton Raleigh Hotel in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina. The Sheraton is located at 421 South Salisbury Street.
- Located in downtown Raleigh
- Onsite cafe and restaurant
- Indoor, modern fitness center
- Within walking distance of restaurants, breweries, amphitheaters, and museums
- Within walking distance of a few R-LINE bus stops – the R-LINE is Raleigh's free circulator bus service with destinations throughout much of downtown
Book Your Room
Hotel ReservationsTo make your reservation, please visit Sheraton Raleigh Hotel's Web site. The host hotel is located at 421 South Salisbury Street, Raleigh, NC 27601. When making a reservation using the link above, our group name is already applied. If you call in your registration, please mention "North Carolina State University Southeastern Plant Symposium." Please note that our group rate expires on Tuesday, May 12.
- Advance registration is required. Online registration opens soon. Registration is limited and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Sheraton Raleigh Hotel, 421 South Salisbury Street, Raleigh, NC 27601
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this symposium.