Green Thumb Gardeners Children's Program
Are you looking for a fun and interactive way for your student to learn more about gardening? Then our new gardening workshop, "Green Thumb Gardeners" is for you!
Weekly classes are held on Wednesdays from 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm. Pack a lunch to eat during the first thirty minutes with your friends in the garden. After lunch, we'll have gardening lessons and activities.
This introductory, "Meet the Garden" session is free so you can try out the class. If your child enjoys their time, sign up for the remaining three class series!
We will be conducting experiments, learning about garden pests, building garden structures, and making some tasty treats right from the garden! We hope that you'll join us.
- Suggested for 4th to 6th graders.
- Free introductory class. 3 week series is available. $15 per student for Arboretum family members. $22.50 per student for nonmembers
- Space is limited to 15 students. Advance registration is highly recommended to save your spot! Registration link to our eStore coming soon.
- Since space is limited, please let us know as soon as possible if your student is not able to attend so their space may be given to another student.
- Education Yurt, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 513-7011.