Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Healthy Trees, Happy People, Vibrant Planet"
Basil Camu, Leaf & Limb
- Thursday, April 9, 2020 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
We must look to nature for guidance on how to responsibly care for trees and use trees to help heal our incredible planet.
During the first portion of this lecture, you will learn the top 12 tips for how to foster healthy, happy trees. These tips are all based on using Nature's systems, which maximize positive impacts to all parties involved, from soil to insects, and from trees to humans.
During the second portion of this lecture, you will learn how nature gives us the blueprint for using trees to solve our most pressing environmental issues, which are decreased biodiversity, rise of air pollution, loss of our topsoil, disappearing drinking water, and an increase in oxidized carbon.
When it comes to caring for trees and our planet, we do not have to reinvent the wheel. Nature provides us with solutions that are tried-and-true for millennia.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available. Check-in available at the door.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.