Take a Child Outside Week
Take a Child Outside week runs annually from September 24 to September 30. The week is an initiative of the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences with the goal of "helping children across the country develop a better understanding and appreciation of the environment in which they live."
Each day will bring a new activity for all ages at the Arboretum. Come for one day or every day of the week!
Saturday: Girl Scout Outdoor Art Maker and Creator
Come explore the gardens of the Arboretum and be inspired by nature! Girl Scouts will rotate through 5 stations experiencing different parts of the garden and creating art with items from the garden. Activities fulfill the requirements of the Daisy Outdoor Art Maker and the Brownie Outdoor Art Creator.
Troops and individual scouts may register for this program. Troop leaders or parents are expected to stay with the scouts to supervise during the entire program.
We have JCRA patches for all scouts who attend the program, but troops or individual scouts will need to purchase the Girl Scout Badge from their Girl Scout Store.
- Daisy and Brownie Girl Scouts
- $15 per Girl Scout
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store.
- Although we understand that unexpected things happen, cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to event will not receive a refund.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4115 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 513-7011.