Take a Child Outside Week
Take a Child Outside week runs annually from September 24 to September 30. The week is an initiative of the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences with the goal of "helping children across the country develop a better understanding and appreciation of the environment in which they live."
Each day will bring a new activity for all ages at the Arboretum. Come for one day or every day of the week!
Friday: Garden Storytime
Meet at the Bobby G. Wilder Visitor Center and wander the gardens with us. We will find a shady spot to sit and enjoy some good garden stories and make a craft to take home. Don't forget your blanket to sit on!
Parents and caregivers stay and participate with their children in the activities. Come dressed for the weather as this program is held outdoors. Activities are moved to a sheltered location in the event of rain.
- Suggested for children three to five year olds with a parent or caregiver.
- $5.00 per child for Arboretum Family members, $7.50 per child for nonmembers (no charge for adult)
- Advance registration is suggested to save your spot. Please register online using our registration e-store.
- Although we understand that unexpected things happen, cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to event will not receive a refund.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4115 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 513-7011.