"Making Custom Holiday Cards Using Digital Art Based on Your Photographs"
Mary Louise Ravese, Bella Vista Photography
- Friday, November 22, 2019 – 11:00 am–1:00 pm
Make your holiday card giving extra special by creating a custom card design from one of your photographs. Mary Louise will demonstrate Dynamic Auto Painter software that will automatically create a digital painting from your photograph in the style of art masters like Monet, Van Gogh and others. Whether it is a nature scene or a family portrait, you can create a mini masterpiece that can then be printed on holiday cards or used in e-cards. The process is both easy and fun. Mary Louise will also offer recommendations for printing your cards at a lab or DIY. Once you know what's possible, we 'll explore the Arboretum for photo opportunities.
What to bring: Suitable for all types of cameras from DSLR and mirrorless, to point-n-shoot and smartphone. A variety of lenses can be used from wide angle to telephoto, even macro. Participants can bring a bagged lunch. Dynamic Auto Painter by MediaChance is available for Mac or PC. A free trial version is available. If you like it, participants can purchase a home edition online for $39.00. Participants can bring their own laptop if they'd like to follow along in class (optional).
About Mary Louise Ravese
Mary Louise Ravese specializes in fine art nature and travel photography from locations across the world. Her photographs are in private, university, and corporate collections in over 40 states and are exhibited nationally. She is the owner and principle photographer for Bella Vista Photography, and has a resident artist studio at 311 Gallery in Raleigh, North Carolina. Mary Louise is a regular speaker and competition judge for photography clubs in multiple states. She is an experienced photography instructor who has trained hundreds of amateur photographers. She enjoys teaching on a wide range of topics related to nature, travel, and creative photography, and can help with both the technical and aesthetic aspects of picture making. Mary Louise leads classes and workshops at a variety of locations across the United States and abroad. For more information visit her Web site at http://www.bellavistaphotography.com.
- $20.00 for members, $30.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 12 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this program.