Southeastern Plant Symposium
Hosted by the JC Raulston Arboretum and Juniper Level Botanic Garden
- Friday, June 12, 2020 – 9:00 am–4:30 pm
- Friday, June 12, 2020 – 6:00 pm–8:30 pm
– Optional Dinner and Presentation
- Saturday, June 13, 2020 – 9:00 am–4:45 pm
Calling all plantaholics, plant nerds, nurserymen, gardeners, and horticulturists! We are thrilled to announce the second annual JC Raulston Arboretum and Juniper Level Botanic Garden Southeastern Plant Symposium. Join us for two very full days of plant lust as we host the best of the best to talk about cutting-edge plants. We've got plant explorers, plant breeders, nurserymen, and other experts for a two-day deep dive into what's new and exciting in the plant world. What could be better than great lectures and mingling with your fellow horti-thusiasts? How about a chance to get your hands on some of the most exciting plants during the completely mind-numbing, fever-inducing silent auction. This is the one garden event that you definitely don't want to miss!
Friday, June 12
Eleftherios Dariotis (a.k.a. Liberto Dario), Mediterranean Adaptable Plants Nursery
Aaron Floden, Ph.D., Assistant Scientist,Missouri Botanical Garden
Hans Hansen, Director of New Plant Development, Walters Gardens
Dan Hinkley, Heronswood Founder
Patrick McMillan, Director, South Carolina Botanical Garden
Peter Zale, Ph.D., Associate Director of Conservation, Plant Breeding, and Collections, Longwood Gardens
Saturday, June 13
Tony Avent, Co-owner, Juniper Level Botanic Garden and Plant Delights Nursery
Ian Caton, Co-owner, Wood Thrush Natives
Janet Draper, Lead Horticulturist, Mary Livingston Ripley Garden, Smithsonian Institution
Richard Hawke, Plant Evaluation Manager, Chicago Botanic Garden
Hayes Jackson, Urban Regional Extension Agent, Alabama A&M University
Kelly Norris, Director of Horticulture and Education, Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden
Mark Weathington, Director, JC Raulston Arboretum
- Early: $250.00; late registration: $300.00; and $60.00 for optional Friday dinner and evening presentation.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- A TBD Raleigh hotel.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this symposium.