Homeschool Day Children's Program
Flowers, Clouds, and Veggies!
Monday, May 13, 2019 – 10:00 am and 11:00 am
Come kick off summer with one more class in the garden! We will have three stations set up to explore flowers, weather, and vegetables. Students can learn the parts of the flower, collect weather data, and dig into the vegetable garden around the Yurt.
Activities are planned for students ranging from kindergarten to 5th grade level. Activities are repeated at each time session, so sign up for either the 10:00 am or 11:00 am session.
Parents or caregivers are expected to stay with students as they rotate through the activities. This is a rain or shine event.
Can't make it on Monday?
We are offering the same class on Tuesday, May 14 at the same times as on Monday.
- Suggested for elementary aged students (K through 5th).
- $5.00 per child for Arboretum Family members, $7.00 per child for nonmembers
- Space is limited. Online registration is available through our online e-Store.
- Although we understand that unexpected things happen, cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to event will not receive a refund.
- The Yurt, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at email@example.com or (919) 513-7011.