Douglas Ruhren, Gardens Manager, and Christopher Todd Glenn, Programs and Education Coordinator
- Saturday, May 25, 2019 – 9:00 am–3:00 pm
Join JCRA staff in this hands-on workshop and learn how to asexually propagate some of your favorite plants at the Arboretum. Participants go home with a greater knowledge of plant propagation and with many freshly propagated plants. Participants choose which plants they want to propagate from the JCRA's collection of over 6,000 taxa (few exceptions apply, though). Techniques discussed can be done at home. This workshop is open to all knowledge/experience levels.
Have you ever had a friend pass along a plant shoot from one of their favorite plants and then when you tried to root it and produce a new plant you were ultimately unsuccessful? Or, are you a new gardener fascinated by the idea of being able to grow your plant collection inexpensively at home? If this sounds like you, you should join the JC Raulston Arboretum staff for a hands-on workshop on the important gardening skill of asexual propagation.
Participants will work to propagate some of their ' favorite plants in the Arboretum's collections with softwood cuttings and will also go home with a greater knowledge of plant propagation and techniques needed to successfully propagate at home. This workshop is open to all knowledge/experience levels.
Note: Some of the newly propagated plants will go home with our participants, but some will remain in our greenhouse for a few months and can be picked up at a later date.
- $100.00 for members, $120.00 for nonmembers. The cost includes all materials needed, however, lunch is not provided. Please bring a lunch.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 15 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this event.