Creating and Caring for Sustainable Home Landscapes
Mondays, April 1 through May 20, 2019 – 6:30 pm–8:30 pmRegister Register
This is an 8-week course for folks who are interested in gardening in a more sustainable way. We will define, and discuss the concept of sustainability as it relates to all our home horticultural practices. Come learn more about gardening techniques that save energy, conserve water, reduce inputs, restore ecosystems and much more!
- Sustainability defined
- Reducing your horticultural inputs
- Organic practices
- Energy saving landscapes
- Waterwise approaches
- Gardening to attract wildlife
- Soil building and plant nutrition
- Sustainable pest management
- $200.00 for members, $250.00 for nonmembers. Note to nonmembers: instead of paying $50.00 more for the program, become a member for $50.00 instead.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 24 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Contact Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005 or email@example.com for more information about this event.