Day Tripping to Tarboro’s Calvary Episcopal Church
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018 – 8:30 am–2:30 pm
The Calvary Episcopal Church in Tarboro is a Gothic Revival listed on the National Rgister of Historic Places. Its beautiful design is unique to the region. Its churchyard gardens are just as beautiful. Reverend Joseph Blount Cheshire, beginning in the mid-1800s, planted the original gardens. The reverend, who was also a botanist, traveled extensively and brought back many native and exotic plants. Many still grow in the churchyard's gardens. Join us on this day trip as we visit one of J. C. Raulston's favorite places to take his students.
We have lunch reservations at On the Square.
Notes: If there's a funeral at the church, we'll need to cancel the tour. We' should should know that at least a couple days before if that happens. This trip is longer and further away than many. 3:00 pm is our estimated return time, but we may be later.
- $20.00 for members, $25.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 20 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- The tour departs from the JC Raulston Arboretum at 4415 Beryl Road.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this tour.