Day Tripping to Camellia Forest Nursery
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018 – 9:00 am–12:00 pm
Fall is a perfect time to add a camellia or two to your collection—but we challenge you to limit yourself to just one or two! Camellia sasanquas should be putting on a show in David Parks' greenhouses at Camellia Forest Nursery, tempting us with their color range, flower size, and plant forms. Before letting us loose to shop, David will discuss breeding camellias, which has been his lifelong work, explaining what he looks for in traits, the time it takes to get a plant to market, and various other considerations as he works to breed and release the next fabulous camellia. You will be a more informed shopper once his talk is done and you dig out your wallet! Credit cards, checks, and cash are accepted. Plants purchased will be taken back to the JCRA for you.
- $15.00 for members, $20.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 20 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- The tour departs from the JC Raulston Arboretum at 4415 Beryl Road.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this tour.